2k6 year in review
short summary: "this really sucks."
this year was quite possibly the worst year of my adult life. i am ready to put it in the bag, and forget as much as i can. as such, i will keep the review short:
had a nice trip to tampa with the feyrie, and to san diego solo.
led my first route, calypso 2, messy trad, broke my ankle on ch4, clean sport.
had a dream about a son i didn't have, and lost a son i didn't know i had.
tried and failed to rescue a rabbit we named 'tumbler'.
a friend of mine committed suicide; a project of mine was murdered.
i paid down to one credit card, despite some expenses i shouldn't have incurred.
wedding roundup, in order: happy, failing, annuled. earlier is better, people.
i broke up messily four times, twice with the same girl.
i had a birthday party, spoiled by a jealous lie.
i outran the rain.
saw willy porter play and discovered a girl named natalia zukerman.
threw my back out pretty good on a 315# lift.
led with my heart for the first time i can remember, and consequently got it crushed into little pieces.
waited in line to vote in a protest election.
i ran in a couple of 5k races, but didn't make a remarkable showing. i did, however, stop hating the me in the mirror.
to close out the year, i found a new job that looks very promising. i am considering the many downsides of this year to be 'paying it forward'.
last year's resolutions can be found on my lj site, but to review:
9) continue to keep useless things out of my life.
- not thrilling. picked up more baggage this year than i put down. all of it useless.
10) fight my genetic limitations.
- it's a fight, but i'm still in it.
11) move professionally in a direction i find satisfying
- done, but admittedly not difficult.
12) be more grateful and appreciative.
- hard to do, given the year, but i'm trying.
for the next year?
let's keep 9 and 10 on the table, and add:
13) finish working on the house.
here's hoping. happy new year.